Friday, August 15, 2008

The Mayor of Bristol


The Mayor of Bristol, originally uploaded by theta_sigma.

Richard Weber, the relentless entertainment powerhouse who plays Bristol's Lord Mayor Egads Newcastle, is off to King Richard's Faire in Carver, MA after this coming weekend, August 16 & 17.

So please be sure to visit the Bristol Faire this weekend, and when you do, wish the Lord Mayor safe journeys!

Of Note: This season marks Richard's 30th Year of Renaissance Faire Performance. All season, he's been quietly joking to me, "Naturally, Management will be honoring me with a Rolex, for my many years of dedication."

I'll just come right out and say I couldn't afford a Rolex, and I'm just guessing, but I'm betting Management is, um, busy, and may not even know that this is an important anniversary for Richard.

But I'm betting that if we all greet him, and thank him for his brilliance, hilarity, wit, and genius, it'll go a long way toward helping to show him how much he means -- and how much he has always meant -- to our show and our community. Won't you help me give him a good send-off this weekend?

No comments: