Saturday, December 12, 2009

Phoole on Film! AND Tom's Band, the OUTTA STATE PLATES!

Phoole protege Chloe Arbiture's senior film project, CIRCUSWORLD, won 3rd place out of lots of entries last night at UWM's Student Film Fest. I'm exploding with pride. I'm hoping to check out another screening of the short piece tonight!

Where: University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee's Union Theatre, 2200 East Kenwood Boulevard, Milwaukee, WI, between Stowell Avenue on the east and Maryland Avenue on the west, on the east side of Milwaukee.

When: 7:00 p.m.

The theatre's website doesn't have a world of useful information on it, but if you must have a URL, here it is, but you gotta scroll all the way to the bottom, and the page is absurdly long: http://ping.fm/CVosd

I'm hoping to time things out so that I can catch the screening and then make it over early to My Husband Tom Charney's band's gig.

Tom's band, the Outta State Plates, plays at Milwaukee's Conway's Smokin' Bar & Grill tonight from 9 p.m. on! Check their site at http://osplates.com/ for more info!

Hopefully I'll see you at both happenings!

Update: Alas, I won't be at the CIRCUSWORLD screening...Chloe's film will likely not be shown until 8pm (all of her class's projects are showing), and I want to be available to help Tom load in, set up, and probably tweet lots. But do go see the film and then come to Conway's! Let's pack the house!

No comments: