Monday, July 27, 2009

Frequently-Asked Question: How'd You Become Milwaukee's Official Jester?


I thought I'd share the Resolution passed by Milwaukee's Common Council on September 24, 2004. It says loads of nice things about my work, and it lists some of my accomplishments and my background. I'm indebted to Jim Owczarski, Sandy Wood, Stephen Geis and my husband Tom Charney for their invaluable assistance on making this happen, Jim most of all -- it was a surprise for me, and the "cred" it established helped me in the International Jester Tournament at Cumbria's beautiful Muncaster Castle in 2007. Thanks also to John Neitz, Official Herald of Minneapolis-St. Paul, for blazing the trail in our community in getting official credentials for valuable-but-no-longer-necessarily-understood skillz!

No comments: